My first iteration was using the braille font in Makers Empire but I started to have printing difficulties. After my first print, the printer went completely down so I had a break of several weeks to replace the extruder.
What I noticed about my first design was that the dots were too tall and not that interesting so I went back to the drawing board.
| || |
My second design was larger in size. I didn't realize until it was printing that the smaller stars were actually floating and not level on the design plate which caused them to print in the air. The more delicate little star is something that I will be deleting in the next iteration because it has a higher rate of failing with the ribbon design.
I printed about 5 layers before adding the ribbon with painters tape so that the print is adhered through the ribbon. I chose specific ribbon with the finished edge and thin interior. Now I need to print it one more time and finish the edges.