I have really enjoyed using the iLoom and can't wait to share it with our students.
Be warned! I did what I normally do... jumped to a too hard project. Just because you can design letters into your bracelet, doesn't mean you should. Consider using the one star designs before jumping to a three star design otherwise you will end up like I did.... with a complete mess.
The blue number tabs that you attach to your yarn helps to understand which knots go where. Word to the wise, if it is more than 4 strings, you might be getting yourself into trouble.
- You can create multiple profiles so many users can design using the same iPad.
- You can save progress and remove the project for multiple users.
- Pay careful attention to the star ratings so that you don't do what I did.
- The iPad fits very nicely into the loom.
- The roller moves to tighten the yarn.
- You can adjust the length of the bracelet in the predesign and cutting of yarn stage.
- Step by step walks you through it without words just pictures.
- You can rewind stages or forward if you don't understand at first.
- You only have so many number tabs so you may want to create more if you have many students using the same loom.
- If you forward through stages, it doesn't recognize that you backed up.