I forgot to share how I introduced Makers Empire last January. We were on the trial at the time so I had said to the students - "We are trialing a new 3D design software that costs $1000. I hoping that you will help me see if this would be a good fit for our learners. Over the next few weeks (I was meeting with the groups 2 times a week for 40 minutes), we are going to do a series of design challenges. At the end of the design challenges, you will pick one of your designs to print and you will also help decide if this software is a good fit for us."
I then had a daily challenge. I opted to have two different choices for my learners. Day 1 was just logging in and playing. I used ME's intro video for an overview. I opted to do the QR code method. Problem with QR code is that students can access each other's accounts so this time around I am doing the Login and then I will give students the code for the class.
I did select the top three designs for each challenge to start printing so that students were able to see how the printer worked and to provide guidance for designing in 3D.